We are proactive young people in Tanzania managed by independent,non-partisan, local professionals, experienced in international development and community development projects and capacity building, through participation in a broad range of human rights, WASH, Environment and Poverty Reduction.
Tengeneza Generation (TEG) was founded in 2011 by a group of young people passionate about local and sustainable development. In 2014, it was registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Here at TEG, we believe that youth leadership is the key catalyst in the delivery of sustainable outcomes for our communities.
We have identified three key areas for development in our rural communities:
1. Diminishing natural resources which help to nourish the community both physically and economically.
2. Discrimination of marginalised groups including those with disabilities or albinism.
3. A lack of awareness of the importance of sustainable living and the impact the environment has on socio-economic growth.
Vision & Values
Our vision is to facilitate positive transformation at the community level, leading to active local participation in effective development programs which are inclusive and respectful of local culture. Our values of freedom, creativity and hard work guide us in all that we do.
By 2025, our mission is to build sustainable projects in over 5000 locations and engage over 45,000 of local young people in the active participation of project upkeep, along-side our network of national & international volunteers.
Our values of hard work and freedom are at the heart of our volunteer ethos here at TEG and we know that every person has something valuable to offer. Therefore, we aim to have an option for everyone, whether you are able to commit long-term or for a number of weeks. Having the freedom to choose how and where you volunteer for us really underpins the success of our community projects, whilst our belief in the hard work and commitment of our volunteers means that positive engagement and long-term volunteer networks can exist! Outlined below are the types of roles you could fill when volunteering with us; you can choose as little or as many as you like. They are divided into two main functions:
Administrative - These roles are based in our main site office in Morogoro town and will include one or more of the skills below:
● Upkeep of our online resources including photographic campaigns.
● Running new communications and marketing strategies, especially across social media.
● Planning and implementation of field-based logistics.
● Supporting upkeep of accurate data records.
● Designing and implementing online fundraising activities.
● Helping maintain relations with local and international partnerships with a focus on language translation.
● Research and analysis of further areas for development in rural communities.
Field work - These roles are based in many of the rural villages around Morogoro town. Roles will be flexible depending on the needs of the communities and characteristics of the volunteers:
● Establishing tree nurseries.
● Maintenance of environment-focused projects.
● Carrying out research and critical analysis on environmental projects.
● Establishing new ways to build sustainability in rural communities.
● Some opportunities to educate young people in Maths and English.
● Some opportunities to work with schools and orphanages.
please contact: email@example.com
We provide accommodation (camping ), food & drinks,free tour guides to trekking/hiking to natural resources areas. We plan each and every week to provide an entertainment activity or visit one natural resource area like Rau forest, Mnambe and Kinikamori water falls etc. Volunteers who will volunteer for more than 4 weeks will have opportunities for a day trip to Tanzanian national parks and reserves which are Serengeti, Tarangire and Manyara national parks and others natural resources .We have partnering with Rau Eco-Tourism and Masengota Safaris , they are tour companies so volunteers will tour with them.We believe volunteering should be fun, entertaining and enjoyable. The $100 is refundable.
Our costs range from $10 to $15 per day depending on the agreed volunteer activities while with us. Proposed fund raised by a volunteer is solely intended to be used in covering volunteer day to day costs: Food, Accommodation, T-shirt, stationaries and to purchase trees for planting in RAU forest as a part of collective efforts to protect it.
Volunteer whom will pay $300 as fee for a week will get an advantage of exploring other available natural resources/attractions like Waterfalls and National parks with support from our project partners whom are professional tourists company. A Volunteer who will pay $250 will get the basic needs which are: Food, accommodation (Camping), a T-shirt, stationary and contribution of purchasing trees. Because of expenses, a volunteer will explore fewer attractions.
Our vision is to have a community working in building sustainable developments. We plan to reach and involve as many people as we can to join our project and protect our natural resources; either by participating in the project here, or online through sharing tools, stories and other updates of our project like blogs, fundraising and being an agency of our project, raising awareness about the project and assisting in marketing and the recruitment of volunteers.
We like to learn new things so as to improve our daily activities/operations. If you want to share an ideas even if your idea isn't related to our project,organization goals or visions we will listen, please share with us and see how we can work together.