Our main focus is helping the poorest help themselves. We do these by empowering the different groups affected like; vulnerable children, disabled, HIV infected, elderly persons, disadvantaged youth, widows, single and child mothers.
1. Childcare and Development Project
2. Vocational and skills training development,
3. Web design and fundraising activity
4. To train sinle mothers on arts and crafts
5 . To develop the talents for the youth through sports
• To provide training and professional development opportunities to childcare providers and to direct them to other appropriate training and development opportunities.
• To ensure childcare providers meet recognized quality standards.
• To keep up-to date and work within relevant legislation, guidance, policies and strategic plans.
• To make links and establish co-operative working with relevant stakeholders
• To promote and work within the Partnership’s Social Inclusion, Equal Opportunities and Work Life Balance Policies.
• To assist in the implementation of the Early Years and Childcare Development Plan, including active consultation with children, young people, parents, careers, providers and the wider community.
• To follow TESDEF UGANDA Safeguarding Children Board procedures in relation to Child Protection.
• To take part in regular monitoring and evaluation on the effectiveness of the service and to implement changes necessary for improvement, both personally and collectively.
• To provide written reports, statistical and management information.
• To provide information and guidance to childcare providers.
• To monitor contracts between the local authority and providers.
• To research and prepare funding bids.
• To work with the Childcare Programs Coordinator in accessing external funding streams to aid sustainability of projects and ensuring those experiencing specific problems can access advice and support.
• To market and promote Childcare provision in TESDEF UGANDA.
• To identify areas of need and, in conjunction with other agencies, to set up new sustainable childcare provision
• To develop and support Childcare Networks.
• To identify unmet need and associated service developments and ensure provision meets the needs of those parents wishing to return to the labour market, attend training or progress their careers.
• To attend regular management supervision and team meetings.
2. Consultant for NPO Management and Community Development:
Organize fund development activities
• Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
• Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
• Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization- at least 15 grant Application
• Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
• Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
• Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
• Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts
Staff funds development activities
• In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified fund development staff
• Engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices
Manage fund development budget
• Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
• Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
• Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
Promote the organization
• Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
• Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
• Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
• Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
Act independently to effectively assess and analyze a patients needs and establish an appropriate and timely treatment plan
Establish an effective therapeutic relationship, which acknowledges professional boundaries and provides dignity, honesty and respect for the patient
Act independently to plan and implement an appropriate and timely treatment plan
Maintain accurate treatment records, which meet professional standards and in line with the Practice’s document management strategy.
Provide training and advice to family members and support workers to support therapeutic intervention
Effectively evaluate a patient’s progress
Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks
Diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition
Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients
Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions
Write patient case notes, reports and collect statistics
Communicate with referring agents appropriately
Supervise physiotherapy support workers
Communicate and make recommendations to case managers and or other professionals to meets the needs of the patient
Maintain a positive working relationship with all professionals involved in the patient’s treatment and management.
Assist in the development and implementation of Practice policies to promote a fair, effective and safe working environment
Develop and update specialist clinical knowledge and skills, which contributes toward evidence based, patient centered treatment.
Effectively manage time and diary commitments to meet the demands of the case load
Work independently without direct professional support.
Undertake a mentally and physically demanding job, whilst at the same time taking care to maintain their health and safety, as well as colleagues and patients.
Undertake appropriate training as required
Carry out any other reasonable duties required to ensure the patient’s therapeutic needs and needs of the business are met.
4. Volunteers on Vocational training.
There are four volunteer apartments that are walking distance from office and the training centre. The houses are self contained with electricity, water, kitchen and toilets inside.
The cost is 40$ a week and 200$ amonth. we always provide break fast and lunch for the entire staff apart from dinner.Generally food is not expensive in uganda.
Volunteers can opt to buy their own food.
As for the accomodation there is maximum security.the volunteers always are in the same apartment with executive director hence the volunteers will not be left alone.
Acomodation costs,Meals and transport costs
No fee charged
We are requesting volunteers to help us in designing up our website and others to help us in grant writing and fund raising for our organisation.
Laptop computers,wheel chairs,books,clothes,office furniture,vehicle,motorcycles,balls,filing cabinets,sewing machines,saloon equipments,rehabilitations equipments,sports materials etc.
TESDEF UGANDA is a Non-Governmental and Non-denominational Organization that was founded in 2009 by Jefferson Kandi as a response to the increasing number of vulnerable vhildren and jobless Youth in Uganda. We are committed to give a meaningful life to the Community through Vocational Education and Life Skills, Empowerment, climate change and Environmental conservation, Education support, Health Care and support to disabled persons, vulnerable children, Health/HIV/AIDS services, water and sanitation, agricultural improvement, human rights and peace building. We are fast in responding to aspects of need irrespective of the location in the country and our efforts have gone far in producing positive results in areas of reach. Everything we do must be built to grow.
Our process is simple; test new ideas, keep the tires so we know the successful can grow, scale what works so that more people can be served and protected, everyone can become better. We believe humans have no ceiling; each of us has the potential to become better than what we were yesterday.