We are a young non-profit organization that was founded in Bogotá, Colombia with the purpose of bringing friends together from different backgrounds and providing them with a platform to share their knowledge and talents with different vulnerable communities by organizing/supporting workshops and developing projects that are sustainable and have a social or cultural cause.
We are looking for volunteers that can provide support with one or more of the following:
- After school support: help kids with their homework, manage our library for 2-3 hrs in the afternoons
- Support our weaving workshop: we have a workshop for kids and teens of the village and we need help preparing light snacks and refreshments, setting up the place, and organizing once the workshop is over. We also need help documenting the work with photos and videos. You will participate and learn the weaving techniques with a group of about 10 kids. The workshop takes place 3 days a week in the afternoon before sunset.
- Provide a workshop: kids are always eager to learn or practice a new language or learn something about another country and culture. If you have a special talent that you would like to share with our community, we can help you organize a one time workshop or a series of workshops.
- Gardening and other help: help us maintain our beautiful garden while learning how we are working to implement sustainable gardening practices.
You have the option to buy you own food if you have a special diet or share meal costs with the team involved in the project (usually 2-4 people). The kitchen is available for cooking but if you can't or don't like to cook we can take care of you.
When you pay this fee you allow us to provide you with:
- private or shared room
- house facilities including access to the kitchen for cooking
- basic items such as toiletries, drinking water, basic items for cooking. We have to buy and carry items like this from far and that's why we buy them for our guests/volunteers ahead of time.
- one cleaning service per week
There is limited access to the internet but total access to nature and a set of hammocks on our front porch. Our facilities are complete with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Please note there is no A/C but we have fans and cold showers to cool off.
We will provide accommodation and transportation to and from the house.
If you are providing a workshop we can provide you with a television set, projector, sound system, and a comfortable space and seating; you would need to provide any other resource required for your workshop.
- Graphic design: help us design our business cards to be able to identify ourselves when promoting the organization, ID cards for the kids that are members of the organization, beautiful t-shirt or tote bag designs based on art done by the children or your own personal design, flyers for fundraising.
- Website: help us update our website with new and fresh content, we also want to make it more fun and showcase our projects a bit more.
- Social Media: help us reach people on social media and promote our organization.
- Document translation: help us translate content from Spanish to English
- Editing work: help us with content editing
Spend a day relaxing in the countryside of Bogotá and supporting our project in our foundation house in La Mesa town just a few kilometers from the Capital Bogotá. We leave the city after breakfast for a short trip to our house located in La Mesa, Cundinamarca. After you enjoy a traditional lunch, you will receive a lesson on how to weave like us, and you will learn how to make a beautiful bracelet that you can take home with you. We return to Bogotá just in time for dinner. Please note, the duration of this activity is 8-11 hours including lunch and travel time.
Books in different languages, movies, arts and crafts materials, food donations to provide snacks for the kids during workshops, used/new computers, tablets, monetary donations, others.
We also work in a town located about 60 kilometers (40 miles) from Bogotá, the capital city of Colombia, where we host volunteers for one day activities and sometimes for longer stays (anywhere from 2 days to 2 months or even more!). Our volunteers are usually friends and family members that want to come to provide workshops, help us prepare snacks, organize logistics, and many other different activities. We are now opening our platform to other volunteers that want to come participate and share their knowledge and talent with our lovely community.
While volunteering with us you will have the opportunity to participate and learn in our weaving workshop where we teach the group how to make beautiful bracelets and other things with these traditional technique. You will also have the opportunity to learn about our sustainable gardening project and how you can implement it in your home if you are interested in urban gardening. Learn healthy recipes from our in house volunteer and coordinator staff. If you are interested to immerse yourself in the culture and practice your Spanish you can do so by practicing with the community. Our coordinator speaks English and will be able to communicate with you but everyone else Speaks only Spanish.
The program will take place in a village called "San Andres" in the town of La Mesa, Cundinamarca. You will arrive and depart the house with our program coordinator from Bogotá. You need to be comfortable with public transportation and long walks/hikes under warm tropical climate (sometimes there is no access to a vehicle and you will have to walk to reach the house). The location is very safe and you will enjoy the warm tropical climate. The tropical warm environment is not for everyone but you will not be sorry if you choose to come volunteer with us and participate in this rewarding experience. We can accept up to 2 volunteers for this specific project.