TCM was established in 2004 and we strive to be a transformational ministry, giving hope and bringing holistic change to the community we are serving.
This area is the biggest rural area in South Africa. The province is second poorest in the country and has the biggest wild life variety. The organisation focuses on supporting native vulnerable families in a holistic way in the rain queen Modjadji area.
It is our Mission to be a moral and positive example in social services, providing a holistic, well balanced, dynamic service to all our beneficiaries in preparation for the effective functioning in a multi-cultural society whilst following Christ's call in sharing the Gospel with the world through God's wisdom and strength.
Volunteers to assist teachers in the classrooms, Teach lessons under the supervision of the teachers - General class assistant work
• Accommodation: You will be sharing a dormitory styled house with other people.
(4 Showers, 4 Toilets, Dormitory styled rooms x 6, Living and dining area, Kitchen and Swimming Pool)
• Food: A very basic menu is followed. Breakfast is self- help with cereal, bread, smears and occasional seasonal fruit. Self-help lunch is a sandwich which you have to prepare yourself, dinner is provided at 18:00.
• Transport from volunteer house to projects.
• A Tshega Volunteer Project manager will be living with volunteers in the house.
• A maid which cleans and cooks.
• Clean linen once a week.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Personal expenses (medical)
- Local transportation on excursions
- Tourist visa and needed vaccinations or insurance (Follow guidance by your agent)
- Pick up and drop offs
- Wi Fi
COSTS of Rand 250 or 18 Euro per day
We are in need of building funds
• All volunteers/interns will be orientated on arrival.
• Each volunteer/intern/missionary will have the opportunity to choose their program involvement.
• Normally volunteers/interns/missionaries volunteer from 8 am to 3:30 pm from Monday to Friday.
• Saturdays and Sundays are mostly used for excursions on own costs.
• Tshega staff usually goes into town at least once a week - there are occasionally events during weekends.
• The volunteers/interns/missionaries will stay on an orange farm with the Van Rooyen family Francois and Ellanie 30 kilometers from the base.