Tshega Christian Mission
What We Need
Volunteers to assist teachers in the classrooms and teach lessons under the supervision of the teachers... General class assistant work.
Working with Vulnerable women who are trained to sew.
When & Who
What we Provide
You will be sharing a dormitory styled house with other people. 4 showers, 4 toilets, living and dining area, kitchen and swimming pool.
A very basic menu is followed. Breakfast is self-help, with cereal, bread, smears and occasional seasonal fruit. Self-help lunch is a sandwich which you have to prepare yourself. Dinner is provided at 18:00 pm at the volunteer house.
More Services we Offer
- Transport from volunteer house to projects.
- A Tshega Volunteer Project Manager will be living with the volunteers in the house, so 24/7 support.
- A maid who cleans and cooks.
- Clean linen once a week.
- Laundry Machine
- Appreciation trips to various locations
What's not included?
- Personal expenses.
- Medical expenses.
- Local transportation on excursions.
- Tourist visa and needed vaccinations or insurance.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs.
Additional Info about Us
We have teachers, administration, Finances, Outreach managers and all round employees at the base.
- All volunteers will be orientated upon arrival.
- Each volunteer will have the opportunity to choose their program involvement.
- Normally the volunteer period is from 7:15 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Saturdays and Sundays are mostly used for excursions on own costs.
- Tshega staff usually goes into town at least once a week. There are occasionally events during the weekends.
- The volunteers will stay on an orange farm with the Van Rooyen family, Ellanie and their son, LJ. This is about 30 kilometers from the base.
We work around the school terms in South Africa. So during the holidays, we aren't as busy. These times work very well for volunteers to go and travel around South Africa.
This area is the biggest rural area in South Africa. The province is second poorest in the country and has the biggest wild life variety. The organisation focuses on supporting native vulnerable families in a holistic way in the rain queen Modjadji area.
It is our mission to be a moral and positive example in social services, providing a holistic, well balanced, dynamic service to all our beneficiaries in preparation for the effective functioning in a multi-cultural society whilst following Christ's call in sharing the Gospel with the world through God's wisdom and strength.