What We Need
UCESCO-Kenya is a Non-Profit, Charity Organization that works for marginalized communities to transform their lives, overcome poverty and injustice regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
WE INVITE YOU TO VOLUNTEER
++++Currently we have ongoing projects in Capital City of Kenya Nairobi, Kibera slums, Mathare Slums, Kisii county part of Kenya, Migori County, Mombasa City, Northeastern part of Kenya, Masai Land and Samburu county.+++++
Find your passion Project below to apply
1. Teaching Basic Spanish, Germany, English, French, Mathematics, Business Studies, Art, Dances, Home Science, Music, Computer basic Skills, Sports...
2. Volunteers interested in Reforestation and trail maintenance can also apply.
3. For our clinics, we are looking for Medical assistants volunteers, Dental Assistant, Nurses, General Doctors and Health and hygiene assistants Volunteers.
4. Environmental conservation
5. We also have a UCESCO Sports project that gives youths and women an opportunity to develop their talents in sports, especially Rugby, football, athletics, Netball, basketball...Volunteer with a passion for sports, we welcome you to apply.
6. Urgently We are looking volunteers to help us maintain our Database and website, Event organizers, fundraising managers, project Managers, fieldwork managers, receptionist, marketing manager, Editors, translators, video and photographers, administrators...
7. Every Year we construct either a school / a hospital / a homes for homeless or a children center. be part of this initiative to support us financially or to join and help us during the construction.
8. Volunteers who love farming in rural areas, we do community farming for food security, it's fun to farm with locals and enjoy the African style of living.
9. Finally, we have youth outreach programs, community services, youths and Women Empowerment Projects, visiting refugee camps, children's homes, Elderly homes, street children Rescue Center... Kindly apply and join us. We do here is to cook for them, wash their clothes, play with them, teach them, motivate and support them emotionally, morally and Financially.
10. We have 3 months attachment program for University Students to develop your career and also internship for graduates to practice their career.
11. We also provide accommodation for tourists. Instead of using expensive hotels, we welcome you to our nice homes to spend with us. Our professional tour and travel volunteers will be guiding you to various sites of your choice using our van. Some of the sites our guest love most so far are Mombasa, Nakuru, Naivasha, Giraffe Center, Kibera Slums, Masai Mara, Samburu rural tour, Amboseli National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Watamu Beach, United Nations Hq, Camping and 5 Days Mt. Kilimanjaro Fun week Climbing
A volunteer does not need to have specific qualifications for our programs. The only exceptions are the following programs, where we require professional and qualified volunteers:
1. Medical assistance.
2. Health and hygiene assistance.
3. Dental assistant.
4. Database and website developer.
5. Computer skills teacher.
+++Couples and Children are also accepted+++++.
SIX MOST UCESCO UNIQUE FEATURES
1. Experience the African Way of life
2. Gain African Fluency by living with a host family and sharing life with Locals
3. Become more passionate about your major and propel your career with international experience
4. Make memories you'll never forget during weekend excursions with your fellow participants
5. Safaris and Tours
When & Who
What we Provide
UCESCO- Kenya arranges accommodation for volunteers in a Volunteer house or in homestays with local communities.
All volunteers will stay in a volunteer house/home stay.
Rooms have a lot of space and are of high quality. We have hot showers and permanent water supply, electricity and security 24/7 and TV are available.
-Beddings will be provided.
-Housekeeping and laundry are offered for $5 a week.
Our volunteer houses and identified home-stay houses are equipped with all amenities and equipped Kitchen
We provide 2 meals per day -- breakfast, and dinner. Lunch will be responsible for a volunteer him/herself.
If you need bottled drinking water you need to purchase, 1 litter is 0.5 USD.
If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know so we can make arrangements for you. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but as a volunteer, there is a need to be flexible
Daily fee includes
- Accommodation (Homestay /Volunteer House)
- Breakfast and Dinner
-Hospital Transport (If needed we provide for free at any time)
- Pick up at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi
- First aid support if needed
WHAT NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE:
- Drop off ( will be charged only USD 20 )
- Laundry will be USD 5 a week
- Local SIM card you need to purchase
- Weekend Tour
- Fair to public transport from the volunteer house /home stay to the working place
- First Aid Support
Volunteer house/ Homestays rooms are well furnished, spacious with en-suite room features and en-suite bathroom. You are guaranteed to be comfortable, memorable and a comeback is certain.
More Services we Offer
1. We provide training together with Women and Youths on making beautifully unique products, mainly from natural fiber and recycled material handspun and handwoven textiles, jewelry, and baskets in natural texture, softness, and color. representing all tribes in Kenya. This services included in the daily program fee. Also, the volunteer will be involved in community outreach to the rural marginalized community to have fun together and feel the natural taste of Kenya and people Living with Hope (HIV/AIDS).
2. Once in every month, we clean Various urban Cities, Slums, Rivers and plant trees to keep Africa green & Health
3. Evenings & Weekends we train youths and Women on various sports including Swimming, Arts, Soccer and Basketball, Rugby
4. Some volunteers spend their good time with Children at Children's Center, play together, do art and drawing together, sing together and eat together
5. Once we collect enough funds, Every year we Construction one Community School, Hospital, Water Tanks, Elderly House in Marginalized Rural Areas with our volunteers
6. We have English, Spanish, French, Germany and computer classes for Youths and women thought by our volunteers
7. We appreciate those volunteers who fundraise in their country before their arrival to Support and Donate towards our programs to reach out more.
8. Medical Volunteers spend good time in our clinics as Medical assistant, Health and hygiene assistant & Dental assistant saving lives as well as gaining more skills joyfully
9. Some volunteers visit many groups, Universities, High School with our local Volunteers as life Couch and motivational Speakers
10 we also have an outreach program to Refugee camps to support and Donate with our volunteers
Other Ways to Help
- Volunteers who arrive are greeted.
- Short explanation of the on going projects
- Explanation how they are helping the local community by participating in this this project
- They can visit one home of our beneficiaries to say hi and eat together , Kenyan Local Food with our local volunteers, then pause for a photo for remembrance
1. Digital Camera
2. Video Camera
5. Multi-Touch 2-in-1, Speakers
6. Powered Speaker + stand
7. Project Screen
10. Dynamic Microphone+Stand +Kit
11. Nikon Digital Camera & lenses +Stand
1. Composition Notebook
10. Poster Board
12. Reference Material
13. Educational Videos
14. Art Supplies
++++If you have things that are still usable, clean and in good condition, but you just don’t need them anymore, you can donate them to our Centres to be distributed to the needy students at our Centres. We accept anything that is in good condition, such as clothes, furniture, crockery, toys, books, shoes, accessories, hobby items, music/films, plants, household appliances, and much more.++++
Additional Info about Us
- The organization provides a quality service and is accountable to the community through clearly defined roles and responsibilities;
- Service users, staff and the community have an opportunity to understand the structure and governance of the organization; and
- The service unit manages its resources efficiently through the elimination of role confusion and specific targeting of its activities.
UCESCO provides free time activities for our volunteers as follows:
- Trips to 24 different tourist attractions / Safaris
-Drawing and painting with children.
- Social activities like cleanliness to our schools, visiting people living HIV/AIDS and elders.
- Cooking. Our volunteers will learn how to cook different type of Kenyan food during their free time.
There are seasonal volunteering activities, such as the
1. Teaching program.
- School from January to May (June is holiday).
- School starts again on July and goes until November (December is holiday).
But during holiday time in June or December, if we receive volunteers, we have holiday vocational Training
2. We Do Local community Schools/Homes/ Hospital Construction in Marginalized Rural Areas once per year after collecting enough funds from our well wishers and volunteers
3. We Do clean ups in the various cities, slums, Rivers, and plant treas once in every Month
4. We also have outreach program to Refugee camps to support and Donate with our volunteers once in every 4 months
UCESCO Kenya, is Non-Profit, Charity Organization established in Africa, Kenya. The organization works with the marginalized people to transform their lives especially we work with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. we serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
We fundamentally believe that ending extreme poverty requires empowering families to turn hunger and poverty into hope and prosperity.
UCESCO links communities and helps bring sustainable income which then produces new opportunities for building schools, creating cooperatives, forming community savings, growing small businesses, feeding the family dairy, raising school fees, and permanent human transformation.
We also inspire action for the improvement of national parks and green-space through community advocacy, volunteerism, and small capital improvement to parks, farmlands, forests, rivers, and streams to transform Kenya. By collaborating with a broad range of constituents, including area residents, community groups, other non-profits, real estate developers, and city leaders, UCESCO’s efforts show a tangible difference in both the aesthetics and usability of green-space throughout the community.
The communities we serve ultimately reap the various benefits, such as clean and green environment, Poverty Eradication, Youth and Women Employment in especially Slums and Marginalized rural areas.