What We Need
Our vital work is only possible because of people like you!
Your time and talent can make a real difference in people’s lives. As you will volunteer with us, you will have a chance to be immersed in the Kenyan cultures
APPLY NOW AND BECOME PART OF THIS GREAT STAFF!
++++Currently we have ongoing projects in Capital City of Kenya Nairobi, Kibera slums, Mathare Slums, Kisii county part of Kenya, Migori County, Mombasa City, Northeastern part of Kenya, Masai Land and Samburu county.+++++
Find your passion Project below to apply
1. Teaching- (Basic Spanish, Germany, English, French, Mathematics, Business Studies, Art, Dances, Home Science, Music, Computer basic Skills, Sports...)
2. Volunteers interested in Reforestation and trail maintenance can also apply.
3. For our clinics, we are looking for Medical assistants volunteers, Dental Assistant, Nurses, General Doctors and Health and hygiene assistants Volunteers.
4. Environmental conservation
5. We also have a UCESCO Sports project that gives youths and women an opportunity to develop their talents in sports, especially Rugby, football, athletics, netball, basketball and many more sports.
6. Database and website, Event organizers, fundraising managers, project Managers, fieldwork managers, receptionists, marketing managers, Editors, translators, video, and photographers.
7. Every Year we construct a school / a hospital /home for homeless or a children center. be part of this initiative
8. Volunteers who love farming in rural areas, we do community farming for food security.
9. IT and technology
11. Finally, we have outreach programs, community services, youths and Women Empowerment Projects, visiting refugee camps, children's homes, Elderly homes, street children Rescue Center that you can also apply and Join. Some of the activities; is to cook, wash clothes, play, teach and support them emotionally, morally and Financially.
12. We have 3 months attachment program for University Students to develop your career and also internship for graduates to practice your career.
TOURS/ SAFARIS WITH UCESCO
We also provide Tours and Travel including accommodation services for any guest who needs the service. UCESCO has nice homes, tour Van, with professional tour and travel volunteers to guide you. For more information, you can visit our UCESCO site.
A volunteer does not need to have specific qualifications for our programs. The only exceptions are the following programs, where we require professional and qualified volunteers:
1. Medical assistance.
2. Health and hygiene assistance.
3. Dental assistant.
4. Database and website developer.
5. Computer skills teacher.
#Couples and Children are also accepted to volunteers as a family in various activities#
SIX MOST UCESCO UNIQUE FEATURES
1. Experience the African Way of life
2. Gain African Fluency by living with a host family and sharing life with Locals
3. Become more passionate about your major and propel your career with international experience
4. Make memories you'll never forget during weekend excursions with your fellow participants
5. Safaris and Tours
When & Who
What we Provide
UCESCO- Kenya arranges accommodation for volunteers in a Volunteer house or in homestays
All volunteers will stay in a volunteer house/homestay.
Rooms have a lot of space and are of high quality. We have hot showers and permanent water supply, electricity and security 24/7 and TV are available.
-Beddings will be provided.
-Housekeeping and laundry are offered for $5 a week.
Our volunteer houses and identified home-stay houses are equipped with all amenities and maximum security for our volunteers
We provide 2 meals per day -- breakfast, and dinner. Lunch will be responsible for a volunteer him/herself.
If you need bottled drinking water you need to purchase, 1 litter is 0.5 USD.
If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know so we can make arrangements for you. We will do our best to see that you are well taken care of, but as a volunteer, there is a need to be flexible
Daily fee includes
- Accommodation (Homestay /Volunteer House)
- Breakfast and Dinner
-Hospital Transport (If needed we provide for free at any time)
- Pick up at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi
- First aid support if needed
WHAT NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE:
- Drop off ( will be charged only USD 20 )
- Laundry will be USD 5 a week
- Local SIM card you need to purchase
- Weekend Tour
- Fair to public transport from the volunteer house /homestay to the working place
- First Aid Support
Volunteer house/ Homestays rooms are well furnished, spacious with en-suite room features an en-suite bathroom. You are guaranteed to be comfortable, memorable and a comeback is certain.
More Services we Offer
If you are eager for your own African experience, there are plenty of fascinating 50 places to explore in Kenya.
1. 5 Days Kilimanjaro Climbing $ 1900
3. Road Drive To Fourteen Falls From Nairobi $100
4. Hell's Gate And Geothermal Spa Tour $223
5. Half-Day Ngong Hills Hike From Nairobi With Lunch At A Local Restaurant $181
6. Day Olpajeta Conservancy From Nairobi $385
7. Private Mombasa Full-Day Excursion $335
10. Birthday Dinner Surprise & Cat Dance At Safari Park Hotel
13. 3 Days Maasai Village Rural Tour $530
14. Nairobi Kenya Cultural Shopping Experience $55
15. Lake Bogoria Flamingos Tour From Nairobi $320
16. Baboon Cliff, Makalia & Forest Zip Ling Or Menengai Crater In A Day $250
17. Kibera Slum Guided Tour From Nairobi $80
18. Half-Day Tour To Nairobi National Museum & Snake Park $105
21. The Nairobi National Park Half-Day Tour $128
22. Full-Day David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Bomas Of Kenya, Karen Blixen, Kazuri Beads Factory And Giraffe Centre Tour $299
23. Day Tour To Lake Nakuru National Park $240
24. Mt Kenya Day Trip Hike From Nairobi $380
25. Day Tour To Kiambethu Tea Farm In Limuru $110
28. 3 Days Tsavo East Panari Safari And Watamu Package $565
29. 3 Days Maasai Mara Safari $520
31. Karura Forest Nature Walk And Bike Ride Day Tour From Nairobi $100
32. Full-Day Sweetwaters And Ol Pejeta Conservancy Small-Group Tour From Nairobi $425
34. Hiking & Zip Lining At Kereita, Kenya $89
36. Adventure In Camp Ndunda (Embu) - 1 Day Excursion From Nairobi. $110
37. Ngare Ndare Forest $315
38. Nairobi Safari Walk And Animal Orphanage Small-Group Guided Tour $168
39. Overnight Safari To Amboseli National Park $475
40. City Tours $60
43. Ostrich Farm From Nairobi $206
44. Coffee Farm Tour In Kiambu $65
45. Mount Suswa Full Day Adventure $230
48. United Nations Hq Tour
49. Camping In Kenya
50. Mombasa - 3 Day Tour From Nairobi $430
51. Haller Park $50
Other Ways to Help
- Guests who arrive are greeted.
- A short explanation about our activities and a small Day tour around the City.
1. ROAD DRIVE TO FOURTEEN FALLS F $100
You will enjoy a boat ride at the same time do hiking
2.KIBERA SLUM GUIDED TOUR $80
Get a glimpse of life in Africa’s largest urban slum on a private walking tour to Kibera, a deeply impoverished area that’s home to thousands of people. Visit the area with a guide who was born and raised in Kibera, tour an orphanage and school, then see how local craftspeople repurpose bones in a bead factory.
3. NAIROBI HIGHLIGHT GUIDED WALKING TOUR $92
Packed with landmarks and colorful markets, Nairobi’s compact city center is perfect for exploring on foot, but finding your way through the crowds can be overwhelming. Join a guide for a Nairobi walking tour that covers key sights, from a rooftop observatory to the American Embassy Memorial Garden, with time to browse markets, learn about local history, and discover Nairobi’s green spaces. Choose a walking tour to experience the city like a local Follow a route that features key Nairobi highlights Learn the stories behind each of the sites you pass.
4. COFFEE/ TEA FARM TOUR IN KIAMBU $65
Though coffee is a widely-loved beverage that many folks around the world enjoy each and every morning, most people have never experienced real Arabica coffee, right from the estate. With this Nairobi culinary experience perfect for ardent foodies and regular coffee drinkers alike, you can visit the Kiambu Coffee Estate.
5. NAIROBI KENYA CULTURAL SHOPPING EXPERIENCE $55
Knowing the best spots to pick up Kenyan souvenirs can be tricky in the capital. Discover unique vendors and producers on a shopping tour of the city, customizable to suit your interests and budget. Visit markets, workshops, and craft centers across the city.
1. Better Water Pump
2. Mosquito Nets
3. School Uniforms
4. Sports Equipments
5. Digital Camera
6. Video Camera
9. Multi-Touch 2-in-1, Speakers
10. Powered Speaker + stand
11. Project Screen
14. Dynamic Microphone+Stand +Kit
15. Nikon Digital Camera & lenses +Stand
16. Construction materials
1. Composition Notebook
10. Poster Board
12. Reference Material
13. Educational Videos
14. Art Supplies
If you have things that are still usable, clean and in good condition, but you just don’t need them anymore, you can donate them to our Centres to be distributed to the needy students and families. We accept anything that is in good condition, such as clothes, furniture, crockery, toys, books, shoes, accessories, hobby items, music/films, plants, household appliances, and much more.++++
Additional Info about Us
- The organization provides a quality service and is accountable to the community through clearly defined roles and responsibilities;
- Service users, staff and the community have an opportunity to understand the structure and governance of the organization; and
- The service unit manages its resources efficiently through the elimination of role confusion and specific targeting of its activities.
UCESCO provides free-time activities for our volunteers as follows:
- Trips to 50 different tourist attractions / Safaris
-Drawing and painting with children.
- Social activities like cleanliness to our schools, visiting people living HIV/AIDS and elders.
- Cooking. Our volunteers will learn how to cook different type of Kenyan food during their free time.
There are seasonal volunteering activities, such as the
1. Teaching program.
- School from January to May (June is holiday).
- School starts again on July and goes until November (December is holiday).
But during holiday time in June or December, if we receive volunteers, we have holiday vocational Training
2. We Do Local community Schools/Homes/ Hospital Construction in Marginalized Rural Areas once per year after collecting enough funds from our well wishers and volunteers
3. We Do clean ups in the various cities, slums, Rivers, and plant treas once in every Month
4. We also have outreach program to Refugee camps to support and Donate with our volunteers once in every 4 months
Since 2010 UCESCO- Africa as non Profit, Charity Organization, has been committed for marginalized communities to transform their lives, overcome poverty and injustice regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. Needless to say, charity means the world to Kingsley Nyandika Kipros (founder) because he is seeing the impact that the variety of projects are having on so many. Since the charity started focusing on Food Security, Proper Elderly Care, Community services, environmental conservations, vocational training, supporting artists and young Single Mothers, Sports and Health care for all, UCESCO pride themselves on putting more than 1000 children through school every Year, Conducive and Health environment around the country, independent youths and marginalized young single mothers.
UCESCO is keen to work with local administration, organized community groups, individuals and schools to demonstrate to the communities we work with that there are opportunities in the wider world that are achievable. These partnerships, UCESCO believes, gives these marginalized communities we are serving hope and motivation to see beyond the walls of the situation that they live in.
Most Women and youths in some of these areas, live in extreme poverty, earning less than $1.00 per day. They cannot afford education for their children, clean water is scarce, and Diseases caused by poor hygiene are prevalent. A great majority of women and youths living in these areas lack access to basic services, including electricity, running water, and medical care
Promoting resilience while attempting to end poverty and injustice regardless of religion race, ethnicity or gender.
“Teach a Man to fish” Philosophy is what drives and inspires our work to end Hunger and poverty in Africa, promoting the development of resilient to realize their potential. We fundamentally believe that ending extreme poverty requires empowering families to turn hunger and poverty into hope and prosperity
We Link communities and helps them bring sustainable income which brings new opportunities for building schools, Creating cooperatives, forming community savings, finding small businesses, feeding the family dairy, raising school fees and permanent human transformation.
A society that appreciates Cultural Diversity and Humanity’s co-Existence