Empowering Youth through Education & Skill Development
Vidya Poshak (VP), India is a registered Non Profit serving education community since the year 2001. All the programmes of VP depend entirely on generous donations from individual and institutional donors. More than 500 senior volunteers and two hundred youth volunteers across 12 districts are rendering their passionate services free of cost.
Nurture Merit Program : includes Financial Assistance, Library facilities and Residential Bridge Camp for the meritorious but financially distressed students. Till date Vidya Poshak has invested more than INR 300 million on this.
1. Financial Assistance: VP provides financial assistance to meritorious students who cannot afford to continue their post 10th class education owing to financial difficulties. The financial assistance covers college fees, exam fees and travel to colleges. The identification of students is done in a unique way through physical visits by volunteers to dwelling units of students to assess the need to ensure only deserving receive the assistance. More than 15,000 students were provided Education support till date.
2. Library Services: Free Text books are lent to all the students through libraries and book bank centers located in different parts of area of VP’s operation. Students can take home academic text books for a year and return the same at the end of the year so that the same books are put in circulation. Overall 77,000 books are available at our library centers and nearly 1,87,000 students have got benefit out of this till now.
3. Residential Bridge Camps (RBC): The RBCs aim at bringing positive change in the overall personality of the students. The camps also stress on Skills, Knowledge and Attitude apart from Career guidance and counseling (both career and personal). Under this program, more than 8400 students have been trained through 154 camps thus far.
Abdul Kalam Susandhi Fellowship(AKSF) Program is aiming to transform the lives of the rural poor by enabling their children to pursue a world class professional program in the hi-tech domain of VLSI/Embedded/Software. The program is designed to nurture their inherent strengths and at the same time impart significant new skills, both technical and life skills, to enable them to confidently enter the Hi-Tech domain of VLSI/Embedded/Software arena.
Avanti Learning Centre: To high-school students study science through peer collaboration. Vidya Poshak is associated with Avanti in an effort to conduct an after-college Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics excellence program for class XI and XII students. The program focuses on balanced preparation for competitive engineering exams (IIT/JEE ) and board exams.
Skill Development Program (SDP): SDP, a training program of Vidya Poshak has been initiated to cater to the soft skills training requirements of the educational community. Since its introduction, more than a lakh of students, 4,663 teachers, 5728 employees, from more than 300 institutions apart from hundreds of parents have been trained.
• Spirit of humanity award 2016, awarded by Americares India Foundation in the category of "Education"
• Education Loan awareness and Advocacy Program (ELAAP) was one of the finalists for Manthan Social Media Award in the year 2013
(Till 2016, VP assisted 12000+ students to get education loans from various nationalized banks.)
• Regional finalist for “Apeejay India Volunteer Award” in the category ‘Volunteer involving NGO of the year 2011’.
Volunteering opportunities to Individuals & Employees of companies.
1. MENTORING A MERITORIOUS ECONOMICALLY CHALLENGED STUDENT
Vidya Poshak students are studying different degree & professional courses across Karnataka. The students need a guide and mentor who could help the students academically. Mentoring helps students to get moral support and strategic guidance to excel in their studies and personal development. Since most of the parents of these students are uneducated just being a Mentor/Guide to a student will help him to focus in his/her education and achieve their dreams. We need volunteers who could be mentors to our students.
2. WORKSHOPS AT RESIDENTIAL BRIDGE CAMPS FOR THE 11TH AND 12TH CLASS STUDENTS
Objective: Residential Bridge Camp is a nine days program organized with the main objective of training students from low income families to build their confidence level, improve their knowledge level and skill sets through student centric and activity based curriculum.
Nice opportunity for Individuals & Employees to spend time with rural students sharing their experience, teaching subjects of interest and also visit villages and understand the life and culture of the communities.
The curriculum of the RBCs is dynamic. The curriculum is designed on the basis of the grade and stream in which the students are studying and trends prevailing. By and large the students attending the camp will have curriculum as below.
Every month we conduct two residential bridge camps in various places across Karnataka.
Career awareness and Planning
Leadership and Team Building
Etiquettes and Manners
Interaction with subject expert
No. of days: 9 days
Place/Venue: Rural areas (serene environment) across Karnataka .
3. CAREER PLANNING AND GUIDANCE PROGRAM FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
Objective: Providing information about various career opportunities and various competitive exams available after their degree to enable them to select suitable career and draw a career path.
Opportunities: Information and experience sharing by volunteers, individual attention and guidance to enable the students to choose their career path.
4. LEADERSHIP AND PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR RURAL COLLEGE STUDENTS
Objectives: Imparting leadership and personality development skills among college students from rural and semi urban areas
For whom: Final year students (both professional and non-professional course)
5. COMMUNICATION AND INTERVIEW SKILLS FOR FINAL YEAR COLLEGE STUDENTS
Objectives: To impart communication and interview skills among final year college students equipping them with employability skills
Opportunities: Taking sessions on Facing interviews, Group Discussions, Mock Interviews etc
For whom: Final year students (both professional and non-professional course)
6. Technical Support
Opportunities: A volunteer can support Vidya Poshak in enhancing the existing Website and also support in designing small software requirements. Volunteers can involve in writing articles which can be published in our Blog & Social Media.
We require help in Video/Photo editing to make a impressive success stories
Updating our website and Helping us in coming with good social media presence
Fund raising through different online campaigns
Content Creation for Employment readiness
The environment where the rural students were born and brought up is not making them confident to face the tough job requirements or the hardships in life.
Corporate Readiness Program: To Provide employability skill training and enable hundreds of students to take up employment in entry level jobs in service sector. These jobs would enable the students to support their families to come out of clutches of poverty forever.
• Help rural meritorious students to settle through gainful employment in their life and bring their families out of the clutches of economic backwardness
• To provide mentoring and required Life Skills & Job skills and make them Industry ready.
• To assist students to set and achieve desired career goals.
• To instill confidence through skill sets (IQ, EQ and SQ)
• To make them socially sensitive citizens
We require support in creating Course Contents for the following topics. The content could be in the form of Audio / Video / Write-up / Question paper etc
1 Introduction to Life Skills
2 Communication & English Language Improvement
3 Aptitude/Analytical Skills
4 Interview Skills
5 Resume Preparation
6 Group Discussion
7 Presentation Skills