We are humbled by the fact that since opening in 2014, we have hosted over 300 volunteers. We are proud of the positive impact that we have made, enhancing the lives of both the volunteers and the students who learn English with us.
We need English speaking volunteers from all over the world, especially from countries such as America, the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, etc., who could help us together in different programs.
We offer projects in the two locations: Hanoi centre and Hanoi outskirts. Every year, hundreds of volunteers join our project in teaching English and joining outdoor activities: team building, coffee talk, a charity, day trip, picnic, etc... making an unforgettable experience volunteering!
We DO NOT REQUIRE a Teaching Certificate but do prefer you to have some experience of teaching. To support our volunteers with their teaching and preparation we have a number of resources available, including class books and teacher's book
1. Teaching adults in Hanoi centre.
- In our volunteer home area, we run free and low-cost classes.
- This is a great environment to meet new people, facilitate cultural exchange, and gain teaching experience for children and adults.
- Topics are varied and there are plenty of opportunities to share your experiences, exchange language skills, and gain knowledge of our culture and way of life.
- Students are 18+ years old.
2. Teaching children in Hanoi centre.
- These classes are more structured, so you'll be able to apply your existing experience in a new environment or gain lots of teaching experience in a welcoming atmosphere.
- There are detailed teacher book guides for these classes for you to follow if you wish.
- The age of the students is 5 - 13 years old.
3. Teaching children in the Hanoi outskirts.
Many of these children have little experience with the foreign culture, so it would be a great benefit and opportunity for these rural communities to expand their horizons and learn from you.
- Classes are short (30 - 45 minutes). Volunteers would help to teach pronunciation, vocabulary, games, etc.
- The age of the students is 5 - 13 years old.
4. What else will you be doing?
- Weekly team building/coffee shop/picnic/VCV monthly meet up in the volunteer apartment.
- Social outings -- a great way to explore Vietnam and participate in cultural exchanges, through the local people, foods, and customs.
- Opportunities for you to learn Vietnamese. We can help you to learn Vietnamese, if you want.
- Help with environment protection by cleaning Hanoi. Each month, volunteers and Vietnamese students are not only visiting and travelling around Hanoi, but also picking up trash in these areas.
- Serve underprivileged communities of Hanoi every month. We are raising a fund to help the homeless and underprivileged people living in Hanoi.
We are pleased to welcome volunteers who can support us for one month or more.
- Free accommodation, WIFI, laundry
- Free different, delicious food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Coffee, Lipton tea, green tea, cacao, cake, fruits, noodles, bread, pasta... all are available for free!
- Food for vegetarians/vegans is available.
We provide a nice apartment for all volunteers. Each apartment has a big living room and three bedrooms with a private bed and mattress. There are two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a balcony with a nice view.
There are lots of restaurants, coffee shop, supermarket, local market, taxis, and a hospital nearby.
The centre is also very close to the football field, park, banks with ATMs, cinemas, gyms, and yoga centre.
Volunteer certificates and recommendation letters, with a stamp, will be provided.
Volunteer certificate, recommendation letter, with stamp.
• Pre-departure information and advice
• In-country assistance and support
• Transportation: Supporting for picking up in Hanoi. Pick up in our daytrip, meet and see off by motorbike, bus when teaching. Information help.
• Support given to take volunteer/s to the bus station.
What's NOT included?
Flights. Insurance. Transportation: airport drop-off.
We are Vietnamese Community Volunteering, a social enterprise for educational development, cultural exchange and eco-tourism based in Hanoi. We specialize in helping our students with their education, training and skills development, and international co-operation.
We believe that education is fundamental to sustainable development, therefore our aim is to create an open and fair learning environment for all our participants to learn. At many universities in Vietnam, students learn a lot of English grammar but rarely are they taught to correctly speak and converse in English. Once they graduate, they then have difficulties finding employment in the best paying jobs, which often require these English language skills.
We aim to give our students the best chance possible to improve their speaking skills, in order to find a good job and improve their overall well-being.
WHO ARE OUR STUDENTS?
We strive to operate without any regard for the economic status or background of our students. As such, we offer some free and subsidised classes in order to welcome students from disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as providing classes for business professionals looking to improve their working English.
WHERE YOU FIT IN?
Along with our students, the most important part of our organisation is our volunteers. We recognise that they are an integral element in providing an environment that supports the educational and cultural development of our students.
We will provide you with a good quality of life during your stay in Vietnam. Our full-time staff will be on hand to provide you with a tidy space to live and work, and offer you all sorts of authentic Vietnamese meals throughout the day,
Our students also enjoy helping our volunteers anytime and are more than happy to become your tour guide. They'll be able to take you to the sites of Hanoi that are not well-trod by your average traveller.