Vision for Youth is one of the leading youth organizations in Tanzania. It is an NGO, non-profit organization registered in 2011 with a very sound motto of changing lives for the better future. V4Y gained recommendable experience in raising awareness and creating mass educative campaigns.
V4Y works to address Sexual and Reproductive health rights education, eradication of poverty and unemployment.
Volunteers will be involved in:-
• Coordinate V4Y activities, training logistics with schools and colleges.
• Supervise V4Y club leaders during implementation of Jitambue Project.
• Maintain focal link between V4Y and the Schools management.
• Collect any meaningful information in V4Y programs such as logistical challenges and transportation to the villages, schools and colleges.
• Volunteer will be responsible for communication and advocacy of V4Yzo work and also to assist the Program coordinator.
• Facilitate V4Y workshops/trainings in Sexuality, Reproductive health and life skills.
• Developing teaching strategies and Curricular for Behavior change program/Jitambue.
• Assisting in teaching English language to college students.
• Teaching Guitar to V4Y guitar club.
• Teaching Computer basic skills to college students and youth groups.
• Managing V4Y social Medias and Website.
• Developing reports such as activity reports, monthly etc.
• Assisting in initiating and organizing Fundraising events / activities.
• Other Office administrative works as assigned with supervisor.
• Looking at different ideas to help improve V4Y projects and organization activities.
• Help in Project write-ups, management and implementation strategies.
We do provide shared rooms accommodation with hot shower, working /reading table, shoe case, cloth cabinets, hangers whereby volunteers should contribute for housing, airport transfer and meals. Meals are mainly Tanzanian local foods.
No Volunteer fee
Entrepreneurship - V4Y works to address Employment and poverty issue in Tanzania and East Africa Community by providing entrepreneurial education to youth – Livelihood and Self-Employment. Facilitate Productive employment skills for young people. We focus on identifying, building, and strengthening informal out of school groups of young people, especially vulnerable girls who are often excluded from enterprise development V4Y recognize the importance of young people being able to escape poverty via self-employment. (Under the EYE Project).
Youth Civic Engagement / Participation – V4Y aim to increase Youth participation in Development by promoting good governance and social accountability.
Sexual, Reproductive health Rights & Life skills - Promoting safe sexual, reproductive practices and youth livelihood development, youth access to information, services and resources necessary to help them make healthy decisions in lives.