Activity International in Vietnam
What We Need
VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS: Volunteers have chance to assist with the following volunteer programs:
1. CARE AND PHYSIOTHERAPY, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AND SOCIAL WORK FOR DISABLED AND ABUSED CHILDREN AND OLD PEOPLE IN DA NANG, VIETNAM: Assisting with giving social care and physiotherapy, occupational therapy to children and adults with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Da Nang city, Vietnam.
2.TEACH UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS IN DA NANG CITY, VIETNAM: Assisting with teaching English, arts, crafts, music and sports to the underprivileged children at the kindergarten schools in Da Nang city, Vietnam.
3. TEACH UNDERPRIVILEGED CHILDREN IN VI THANH CITY, HAU GIANG PROVINCE, VIETNAM: Assisting with teaching English, arts, crafts, music and sports to the underprivileged children in schools in Vi Thanh city, Hau Giang province, Vietnam.
4. CARE AND PHYSIOTHERAPY, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AND SOCIAL WORK FOR ELDERLY HOMELESS PEOPLE IN VI THANH CITY, HAU GIANG PROVINCE, VIETNAM: Assisting with giving social care and physiotherapy, occupational therapy for elderly homeless people with mental, physical and emotional disabilities in Vi Thanh city, Hau Giang province, Vietnam.
- Minimum Age is 18 years
- Language skills: You need to speak English (basic level).
- Expected qualifications/ skills: Some experience in the nursing, physiotherapy, teaching or caring sector would be excellent, but is not essential. Passion in providing care and support. It is however essential that you have patience and are willing to learn and understand the local perspective on handling disabilities and teaching.
WHAT YOU CAN GAIN: Meeting and working with friendly people to make you feel at home, professional knowledge and experience at volunteer work. Contribution to the development of care, treatment and education for disadvantaged people. Opportunity to learn a new language and culture
When & Who
What we Provide
For both locations. we accommodate volunteers in volunteer houses. The house is located 04 km from the city center. It is nearby the Social Support Center, the kindergarten schools and school for children with special needs. It is a three level house and there are 05 bedrooms equipped with AC, private toilets and bathrooms. Downstairs, there is a living room and kitchen area where the volunteers have meetings and meals. There is wifi internet, cable TV and laundry facilities. Some of our staff live in the house and are available to help you and give necessary guidance.
Volunteers are provided 03 meals per day from Monday to Friday plus breakfast on Saturday morning by our cooks. You’ll have a chance to enjoy both Western and Vietnamese cuisines in the volunteer house kitchen. You should budget for all other meals during the weekend. We will recommend some local restaurants near the volunteer houses where they serve Vietnamese food which is delicious.
We are a non-profit organization ( NPO). We do not receive any funding from the government or donors to run our programs. We solely rely on volunteer placement fees to operate.
Your fees are for:
- Placement arrangement and needed paper work for the volunteer placement
- Pre-departure information support
- Pick up on arrival
- A two day orientation training about the program on volunteers` arrival
- Accommodation in volunteer house/ 03 meals per day / transportation to work.
- Support staff team who accompany with you to the placement sites to carry out activities
- Donation to the needed materials and supplies for the centers and schools we support
- Language and cultural activities and local sightseeing for you during your stay
- 24/7 Emergency support in medical health and safety
In general, the fees will cover most of your needs a daily life when you are with us. You only need to budget for your personal expenses and travels to explore the country.
More Services we Offer
- Pretrip- Assistance: We are able to communicate with you to help you best prepare for your trip. This includes helping you obtain a suitable visa for your trip, providing information and answering all questions about the living and working condition with us.
- Pick up: We will pick you up on your arrival to our cities` airport : Da Nang International Airport and Can Tho International Airport.
- On your arrival, we will give you a two day orientation and training program. This includes a tour around the city where you will live, training in volunteer work and Vietnamese language and culture. You will have opportunities to have dinners with our staff and other volunteers. The program will make you feel safe and sound on arrival and will provide a smooth entry into the organization.
- During your stay, we will help arrange some local tours for you to explore the nearby areas of the city. This includes an Easy - Rider tour around the cities ( at your cost), weekend tours ( at your cost) to the tourist places such as : Hoi An, Hue, Ba Na Hill near Da Nang city, Can Tho, Chau Doc, Phu Quoc near Vi Thanh city. Our staff are very helpful in giving advice and booking things for you.
- Social activities: You will have a chance to go out with our staff and local people for entertainment activities such as : coffee, sport events, dinner with a local family, birthday party of a friend, etc..From that, you will learn about Vietnamese culture.
Other Ways to Help
The social centers and schools under our care have been going without enough food. medicine, shelter and education. We are seeking donations for the following projects:
- Milk and fruit for babies and disabled people
- Needed materials and supplies for physiotherapy, occupational therapy, sports activities for disabled people
- Needed materials and supplies for education for children with special needs
- School sponsorship for children with special needs at social support centers and children's homes
- Sponsorship for extra physiotherapist and care-givers
- School bags, books and stationary for underprivileged school children
- 01 water filter for Bui Thi Xuan primary school
- 02 washing machines for Hoa Mai Children Home
- 02 extra classrooms for Bui Thi Xuan primary school
Additional Info about Us
We work in a team of ten full time and part time staff. Most of them speak excellent English. They are able to communicate with you to help you prepare for your trip, pick up and training on your arrival. They help you as translators when you are at the placement sites. They also help you prepare volunteer activities or plan teaching lessons. Ms Ly and Ms Hien live in the volunteer house and will help you with information when needed.
We will help volunteers to obtain a volunteer visa
Our goal is to run an ethical, nurturing volunteer program throughout Vietnam. empowering youth, and providing daily aids to around 1,000 disadvantages who are abandoned children, disabled and homeless people.
Since 2004, we have been placing nearly 2,000 international volunteers in Vietnam.
We offer a high quality volunteer program to volunteers.