Every month probably first week
All the meals, accommodation, Airport pick up and drop, Orientation, Project Placement, Regular monitoring and evaluation, Communication, Weekly sightseeing and recreational activities.
We are currently working on the education for slumdwellers' children. As a part of our social work, we have visited number of slum community location while collection information about them, we identify the core reality about the slum children inside the slum community. We made the big dream to do something for them in the days to come.
1. Among the 262 children studying the Saraswoti Lower Secondary School, it is found that almost 24 female students are doing as the household worker at different rich people’s house only the fulfillment of their regular food. Their story is heart touching. We are wondering to do something supportive program for them like continuous educational support; basic need support that they could stay at home and grow them educated. We have the challenges to continue this support for them so that they are not deprived from the light of education. When we visited their temporary shelter in community, almost all the students either are staying with their step mother or step father. Some of them lost their family member during the period of earthquake and living with their relatives. We tried to make them (parents/guardians) to be aware regarding the child right and providing basic necessities for the kids. We became support less.
2. Distribution of basic educational materials for 262 innocent slum dwellers’ children for three times in a year.
3. Distribution of School uniform support for all students once a year.
4. We found the pathetic condition of 16 male children (Below 14 year’s age) those who are out of care from the parents and going toward bad habits such as drugs addiction, smoking, alcoholism, pick- pocketing and theft etc. as being the street children. In this situation, we are wondering to put them in rehabilitation centre with our direct support and monitoring.
VCN operate mid to long-term community based volunteering service projects, focusing on those most disadvantaged women, children and minority groups. To make our dream successful, we would like to integrate resources from national to global for the sustainable change in Nepal. So, when you join VCN as either a volunteer or intern, you can be sure that you will be the important contributor for positive changes of Nepal. That’s why it is greater decision to choose working with VCN.
VCN run ten categories of programs; Orphanages Home Child Care, Teaching English in Community School, Agriculture Management , Child Care Development , Environmental Sanitation Awareness, Women Empowerment , Youth Empowerment, Home Stay and Cultural Exchange Program, Teaching at Buddhist Monastery in Nepal, International Journalism Internship, Community Health Education Program, Environment and Conservation Education Program, Health and Medical Internship, Women Empowerment Studies, Research Program etc . Our overall focus is the work we carry out in the communities, however, we also run teaching, research, administration and public interest projects in and around Kathmandu.
VCN can ensure these projects run consistently, building the trust of the communities and relationships with our partners. We do not leave any stone unturned to make your mission successful. Our international and local volunteers are providing greater support for making this venture successful. They look for volunteer placement as well as providing platform to work as an intern. We also have group volunteer opportunities and Adventure and Volunteer Projects, for those who want to explore short time experience in Nepal.
- See more at: http://vcnepal.org/index.php?t=ABOUT%20US&i=2#sthash.JXCvOAs3.dpuf
70 US dollar per week