Yayasan Slukat Learning Center
What We Need
We need volunteers fluent in English, computer skills, open minded, able to work as a team or as individual.
You will be teaching from Monday to Thursday starting at 3.30 pm to 6.30pm.
There is also a morning class on Monday and Wednesday 10.00-11.30 am.
The curriculum for English and Computer are available, teaching organic garden is part of the English class.
The kindergarten class is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8.00 to 10.00 am.
During your stay they are other volunteers from various nationalities.
They are 180 students ranging from Elementary School to High School come to the learning center. Each class consists of up to 15 children.
Friday to Sunday is a holiday for exploring Bali and resting. If you like surfing, our center is only 10 minutes walk to one of the best surf beach in Bali.
When you are in Slukat, you are part of our family. In any family's cultural event in the community, our volunteers are welcome to join.
When & Who
What we Provide
Depending on availability you might have your room or sharing with other volunteer.
Breakfast (western supplies, eggs, milk, cereal, bread, butter etc) and dinner (local Indonesian stye food) will be provided only during class days at Slukat. Mondays through to Thursdays.
2 weeks: US $ 500/375 Euros
4 weeks: US $ 750/550 Euros
6 weeks: US $ 950/700 Euros
8 weeks US $ 1150/850 Euros
10 weeks: US $ 1350/1000 Euros
12 weeks US $ 1500 /1100 Euros
14 weeks US $ 1700/1250 Euros
16 weeks US $ 1875/1385 Euros
More Services we Offer
What is included in the program fee are:
- Support from Slukat's staff.
- Access to our driver for local shopping or discovering Bali during your free time. (Note: volunteer must pay for this service).
- Free trips into Ubud (25 mins trip) on Tuesdays & Thursdays (11:00am - 3:00pm).
- Local SIM card (calls are at volunteer's expense).
- Certificate from Slukat once you have completed your volunteering period. This is given to you on your last volunteering day.
Other Ways to support us
- School supplies (boards marker, paper, inks, pens, pencils).
- Drawing and paintings materials (pencil color, crayons, drawing books, coloured paper).
- English reading books for youth.
- Wall paints.
- Sport supplies (volleyballs, footballs, badminton, basketballs, net for football and volleyball).
- Mattress, carpets and pillows for the library.
- Dolls, toys and games supply for basic students.
- Cash Donation for NGO daily support.
Any donations above can be sent to our center address:
Jalan Pura Pancoran Slukat Keramas, Blahbatuh, Gianyar, Bali.
Yayasan Slukat Learning Center
Additional Info about Us
the staff will assist the prospective volunteer to engage in our programme and environment, thus, they will be able to experience the value of true volunteering of Bali. Moreover, the accommodation will be served and prepare all the tool or guidance to help the volunteer to teach.
What is not included?
- Airfares and all transportation to Slukat (except pick-up and drop-off from airport).
- Travel and health insurance.
- Visa costs for Bali/Indonesia (and possible visa extenstion).
- Personal expenses & meals (except breakfast and dinner during class days at Slukat).
The processes are as follows:
1. Please fill in Slukat Learning Center Application Form.
2. Upon receiving your application we will contact you, provide the detail information and confirm your placement. We will ask for your scanned cover of your passport (passport number, name, etc.) to be sent to us for your Indonesian Visa Sponsor Letter.
3. Based on your scanned cover passport, we will send an invitation (sponsor) letter for your visa upon receiving a deposit of US $100 or Euro 75 from you.
4. The rest of the Program Fee can be paid through bank transfer or upon your arrival in Bali.
5. Please give us your arrival detail so that we can arrange your airport pick up.
Yes, we always have different volunteers from countries outside there. the activities like teaching and computer class will be done by a couple of different volunteers from a different country.
The learning center has many programs such as English, computers, environmental awareness, scholarship, yoga and traditional Balinese dance.
There are 180 children come to SLC every week. Their age range is between 8-20 years old, from Elementary to High School Student. Most of them came from a low income family. Their parent’s occupations are farmer, teacher, and brick maker and construction labor.
The children are great! They are all so keen to learn and enthusiastic. They love coming to Slukat Learning Center and it shows. They came to the center for variety of activities such as:
- Free day care center
- Free English class which are taught by volunteers from all the around the globe
- Free computer class which will enable them to increase their employability in the future
- Clean and green class which will gave the children understanding the importance of saving environment through the center’s recycling and organic gardening program
- Scholarship for achieving students who are underprivileged
- Yoga class which will help the children to have a balance soul, body and minds
- Balinese traditional dance which will motivated the children to love and preserve their tradition in this modern world
Through these programs, SLC hope that the children will gain their self respect and confidence, have high integrity and care for the environment and their tradition.
There are three classrooms in the center to teach English and computer; one stone built classroom, one semi stone classroom and one bamboo classroom. There is also an outdoor stage for the children to practice their yoga and traditional dance.
Slukat Learning Center is home for learning and saving our environments. We have an organic garden where we palnt variety of vegetable and tropical fruits. The volunteers and children help cultivate the plants as part of their curriculum. Some of our volunteers focus their activities in the garden. There is a recycle plants made from bamboo to store plastic, cans and bottle that the students brings while they go to the center.