Youth Partnership for Peace and Development
Review Youth Partnership for Peace and Development
Thank you for taking the time to review Youth Partnership for Peace and Development!
Respond to Review
Volunteering makes important economic and social contributions, contributing to a more cohesive society by building trust and reciprocity among citizens. It can be both challenging and rewarding and require you to use your skills in a new context. You can also transfer useful knowledge while gaining a greater understanding of the issues affecting other people.
YPPD is further inspired by the conviction that volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling some of the daily challenges communities are faced with. Everyone can contribute their time, skills and knowledge through volunteer action and their combined efforts can be a significant force for achieving development which is anchored on placing people first.
YPPD seeks to provide our volunteers with valuable learning opportunities to increase their global consciousness, enhance communication and leadership skills, and gain real world experience. Our projects are anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 months long or more.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE EXPERIENCE:
- Enriched experiences from the local context we operate in and value-addition to the volunteer
- Warm hospitality from our team of local and experienced staff/volunteers; utilizing every moment to make our international volunteers feel happy of being part of the solutions
- Flexibility to meet volunteer's own interest and learning aspirations
- We tailor our interventions and projects based on communities own expressed needs and the realities they are faced with
- Deepening inter-cultural diversity which allows learning and sharing