About this campaign
As part of our committed mission of ensuring deprived communities’ benefit from infrastructural growth, the TEKCHILLS FOUNDATION deemed it fit to undertake an educational project of modernizing the learning center for the kindergarten school pupils of Salom D/A Basic School, a school located in Ada West District of the Greater Accra Region of the Republic of Ghana to provide a conducive learning environment for the children.
Per the visit made by the team, they realized the devastating nature of the kindergarten school block. The block is nothing but a death trap. The following key issues and complaints were keenly lodged by the Headmistress and teachers;
• In the events of persistent rainfall, academic work for this school pupils comes to a standstill as they can't access their study room due to flooding and leakage of the roof of the building.
• The presence of termites causing damages to books and other learning materials.
• In the event of high temperatures, these kids had to come out and stay under a nearby tree to take their lessons just to move away from the heat that is been produced by the current structure serving as their learning center.
According to the headmistress, a lot of efforts were made to put up a new structure for these little ones but all proved futile.
OBJECTIVES OF PROJECT
• To provide a conducive environment for effective teaching and learning.
• To make education attractive to the school pupils.
• To achieve the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal Number 4 – Quality Education.
• Bags of Cement
• Iron rods
We are therefore calling on our partners and individuals around the globe who are passionate about enacting change in their respective communities to come on board to help in modernizing the learning center for these kids.
Together we can!!! Join us in making education attractive to these kids.
Use of Funds
The proceeds of this campaign will be used to procure construction materials ranging from sand, chippings, iron rods, bags of cement, and the payment of labor.
The remaining proceeds will be set aside to furnish the completed classroom with chairs, tables, marker- boards, and cupboards for the school pupils.