About this campaign
Objective of your project: Creating learning and living center to improve development of the local population through education. Water management facilitates the project’s implementation.
Detail of your project: The project’s aim is to create a learning and living center for local community and volunteers to improve the development of the population by learning and doing to achieve the sustainable development goals.
The first step of the project was project idea and design. Next step was buying the land where to carry out the project. These phases of the project have been completed, land design ongoing. Also the land has been cultivated and will be more and more in the future to grow different agricultural products (banana trees, plantain trees, turmeric, cassava, pineapples etc) and medicinal plants (noni, moringa, cinnamon etc) to be used for selling, transforming into food supplement etc. The cultivation of the land and organic garden is one part of the learning center’s activity. Good irrigation system in place is needed for successful land cultivation and agriculture. The water management is also essential to prevent any damages to the constructions, the plantation, crop caused by heavy rains; accidents caused for example by falling stones due to the floods etc.
The next/current step (project) of the project is water management to facilitate the project’s implementation:
1. Rainwater management
1.1. Construction of swales
1.2. Construction of the ponds
Controlling and managing the rainwater falls by constructing the swales to direct the rainwater to the ponds taking into account that the land is located on the slope of a mountain. This is relevant during rainy season.
2. River water management
2.1. cleaning the river sides and implement the canopy bridge
2.2. Purchasing and installation the water pumping system and plumbing equipment
2.3. Construction of the water towers
2.4. Purchasing and installation of water tanks
Collecting/pumping the water from the river to the tanks supported by the water towers located in the land area. This is relevant during dry season.
The future perspective projects to do for facilitating the ECDH project establishment are: After the water management then will follow the building of residences, ecolodge (upcycle and green building) study hall or room etc.. Then training on the ECDH ground moment.
Sustainability of the project ECDH presentation:
I describe a bit how we would be able to establish and develop the sustainability after the project period and how the activities/facilities would take root in the project site? Who would be responsible for?
To manage the water management system in place we have trained the team of three people of NGO Centre Des Hommes (CDH) who have knowledge and responsibility of continuous oversight of the system working (regular controls, fixing problems if necessary). These team members are responsible for regular checks and reporting of any problems and (organizing) fixing problems if occurred, also filling the water tanks and completing other necessary works related to water management on the land. Also farmers who work on land have to report of any possible problem and treat the equipment and system in place with care. The general responsibility lays on the project leader, the executive director of NGO CDH.
Project leader is responsible to spread knowledge to farmers and team members necessary for water managing on the land.
The sustainability of the whole project of creating the EDCH is maintained through regular activities in the center – regular learning classes (how to be self-employed, handcraft making, environmental learning, agricultural learning by doing – working at the organic garden, harvesting, treating the crop etc), everyday cultivation of land by the farmers, managing the land safety and continuous development, welcoming international volunteers to both bring their knowledge and receive experience.
Use of Funds
The schedule of our water management project of ECDH project establishment is clearly described here in this board. In case we have the funds that can solve our water management problem then after 6 months we will finished this problem and move forward to the next step.
Item or designation of the task we are going to do: Rain water management and River water management in the project land of ECDH.
Rain water management and River water management in the project land of ECDH FOR THE 1st Month; Activities we are going to do: Purchate the tools for swales digging. Starting the swales digging and clean the river’s side and borders with the installation of the canopy bridge.
- 2nd Month; Activities we are going to do: Swales digging and Purchasing and installation the water pumping system.
- 3rd Month; Activities we are going to do: Digging of the swales and starting ponds digging and concretization of the support of the water tower.
- 4th Month; Activities we are going to do: Digging of the ponds and installing the water tanks on the water tower and the pipes connecting the river and the water tanks.
-5th Month; Activities we are going to do: Concretion and finishing of the swales and the pond. Finishing the water tower include the water tanks with the establishment.
- 6th Month; Activities we are going to do: Concretion and finishing of the swales and the pond. Installation of the first plumbing system that will bring river water to the water tanks in the water tower area.
Full description of the use of funds!
About our project water management costs.
A- Rain water management in the project land of ECDH.
Designation or Content:
1) Content: Maneuvers for swales digging/ Unit cost: $ 50 / Quantity: 10 / Amount: $ 500
2) Content: Maneuvers for the ponds digging/ Unit cost: $ 40 / Quantity: 10 / Amount: $ 400
3) Content: Concretion for the collection of the stones, pebbles to finish the swales and the pond/ Unit cost: $ 35/ Quantity: 10 / Amount: $ 350
4) Content: Concretion, arrangement and placing small pebbles at the bottom of the swales and the ponds to completely finish the swales and ponds/ Unit cost: $ 35 / Quantity: 10 / Amount: $ 350
Total A = $ 1600
B- River water management in the project land of ECDH.
Designation or Content:
1) Content: Make clean the river’s borders and river’s side along the lowers side of the land with the installation of the canopy bridge to facilate the entrence on the project land/ Unit cost: $ 25 / Quantity: 20 / Amount: $ 500
2) Content: The purchate and the installation of a high power water motor pump/ Unit cost: $ 250 / Quantity: 02 / Amount: $ 500
3) Content: Building and concretization of the support of the water tower/ Unit cost: $ 100/ Quantity: 05 / Amount: $ 500
4) Content: Finishing the water tower include the purchate of water tanks with its establishment/ Unit cost: $ 300 / Quantity: 05 / Amount: $ 1500
5) Content: Purchate and the installion the water tanks that will be over water tower and the installation of the pipes connecting the river and the water tanks/ Unit cost: $ 150 / Quantity: 05/ Amount: $ 750
6) Content: The purchate and the Installation of the first plumbing system that will bring river water to the water tanks in the water tower area/ Unit cost: $ 130 / Quantity: 05 / Amount: $ 650
Total B = 4400
WATER MANAGEMENT TOTAL COSTS FOR THE PROJECT ECDH IS $6000
TOTAL COST OF COMPLETING OUR WATER MANAGEMENT PROJECT = $6000