Rise Above Contest Terms & Conditions
The "Rise Above Contest" is an Instagram contest sponsored by Volunteer Directly Ltd. (“GivingWay”), through which participants (“Participants”, “You”, “Your”) submit photos for the chance of winning the prize described below (the “Contest”).
By participating in the Contest You acknowledge that You have reviewed, accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The Contest will run for the duration of two weeks. Photo submissions will start from 5/7/17 18:00 (UTC+02:00) and will end on 23/7/17 10:00 (UTC+02:00).
Eligibility & Requirements
- Any person 18 years and above may participate in the contest.
- The Contest requirements for Participants are as follows:
- Upload a photo of Your favorite travel moment to Your Instagram account
- Add the Hashtag #RiseAboveContest to Your photo
- Tag GivingWay in Your photo
- Follow GivingWay on Instagram
- Each Participant may enter the Contest only once and can submit only one photo.
- Only Participants that comply with all of the requirements above shall be considered for winning the Contest Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Terms and Conditions may be disqualified by GivingWay at its sole discretion.
- GivingWay employees and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- On 23/7/2017 all participating photos will be evaluated and the post with the highest number of “likes” on Instagram will win the Contest.
- The winner will be announced on 24/7/2017 via GivingWay’s social outlets (Facebook and Instagram) and on GivingWay’s website (www.givingway.com). Within 3 days of such announcement the winner will be notified via email/Instagram message.
- GivingWay shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- The winner will have 3 days from the date of GivingWay’s written notification to respond and claim his/her Prize; if the winner does not claim the prize within such 3 days, the Prize will be given to the runner up (and so forth).
- The Contest prize is a Pacsafe Venturesafe, which will be given to the winner of the Contest (the “Prize”).
- No substitution or transfer/assignment of the Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Contest winner is permitted.
- The Prize will be mailed to the address supplied by the winner.
Proprietary Rights & License
- By entering this Content, Participants understand and agree that GivingWay and anyone on its behalf shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, display and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Participant’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- By entering this Content, You represent and warrant that Your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of GivingWay.
Terms & Conditions
GivingWay reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GivingWay’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, GivingWay may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by GivingWay. GivingWay reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. GivingWay has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering or increasing the amount of “Likes”. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, GivingWay reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
By entering this Contest, You agree to release and hold harmless GivingWay and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of New York. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York City, New York, having sole jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
To contact GivingWay write to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Contest is a GivingWay initiative and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media used throughout the Contest. Participants waive any claims whatsoever against Instagram or any other social media used throughout the Contest in connection with the Contest and/or these Terms and Conditions.