Sera is an MBA candidate from Chapman University in California. She is the premier volunteer for Dům Ronalda McDonalda, nadační fond, and is honored to serve the children and families of the Czech Republic through RMHC Global. She is also assisting the Senior Project Coordinator at the Forum2000 Conference. Outside of Prague, Sera loves to build playgrounds with Kids Around the World (www.katw.net) and foster the #nextgeneration of leaders with Team Kids (www.teamkids.org). Her dream is to start a non-profit event planning company.
South America, Europe, The Caribbean
“Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, [which] can provide valuable training
and experience that translates directly to paid employment.” – USAJobs.gov
• Project Management Experience – Managed budget and procured sponsorships. Planned, executed, and promoted 6-10 events annually. Cultivated relationships with local schools and universities where we can invest our time and money in the next generation through our Career Awareness Initiatives.
• Mentoring and Performance Management – Supervised a team of ten Account Executives and three Data Entry Specialists. Mentored other Team Leads across the country, after being the first one promoted to the new role. Served as a camp counselor for 8 years. Volunteered as a mentor to one young woman, who now works on human and civil rights issues on both the East and West Coast.
• Innovative Thinking – Coordinated the implementation of a new division in her last company. Served as chairperson of an Employee Advisory Committee and participated in summits for process improvements. Created an international letter-writing campaign to gain the necessary approvals from the Czech Ministry of Health for the construction of a RMHC Global house.
• Operations Management – Created and maintained standard-of-practice documents and quality control assessments. Recruited, hired, and trained new employees.
• Companywide Recognition – One of only seven employees sent to the IICF Women in Insurance Global Conference in NYC. Asked to participate in the High Potential Employee Program for two consecutive years. Nominated to the Women’s Leadership Committee. Named Ambassador of the Year for most hours volunteered out of over 1500 employees. Chosen to attend the first Regional Leadership Summit.
• Media & Politics
• Accounting & Financial Analysis
• Public Speaking
• Economic Analysis for Business
• World Literature
• Organization & Management
• Statistics for Business Decisions
• Understanding Global Business Environment
• Marketing, Financial, & Strategic Management
• The Greenhouse (founder / director) • Emerging Insurance Professionals (board member) • Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (board member / volunteer) • Ronald McDonald House Charities & Dum Ronalda McDonalda (premier volunteer) • Forum 2000 (proofreader / intern) • People in Need - Človek v Tísni (mentor) • Laura’s House (committee member / fundraiser) • Kids Around the World (volunteer) • Orange County Rescue Mission & House of Hope (volunteer) • Second Harvest Food Bank (volunteer) • Challenged Athletes Foundation (fundraiser) • Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (fundraiser) • UNICEF & Audrey Hepburn Children’s Fund (fundraiser)